2/24/09

2 month check-up

Dad and I took Faith for her 2 month well baby check up yesterday. She was in such a good mood, and we hated that her good mood was about to be ruined by shots! She weighed 12 pounds and 12 ounces and was 24 inches tall! She is topping the growth charts...

As we spoke with the doctor, I stood Faith up on the table, and she locked her legs and stood there with some support. I then laid her on her stomach, and she started to move forward on her own...the doc said "oh no, you guys are in for it!" She is a healthy, strong little girl, and we are thankful for that.

The nurse laid her on the table and held her legs and had me hold her arms. She was looking so sweet, and I was thinking "honey, if you only knew!" Her shrill and crying was brief as the 3 shots were over soon. I don't think she breathed during the shots at all. I grabbed her up, gave her the passy, and patted her behind. She went to sleep really fast and didn't wake up until we were home...what a blessing!

She hasn't had any adverse affects. We've had her on Tylenol and have been exercising her little legs to work out the soreness. Overall, not a bad experience :)

2 comments:

  1. She's going to be one tough little cookie. Y'all won't be able to keep up with her in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad that it all went well! Tough girl! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete