3/5/11

~God Don't Make Junk~

Thanks Paster Steve for reminding me that in fact, God don't make junk. He doesn't make mistakes! There is not one living being on this earth who was not fearfully and wonderfully made by our Father. This is hard to grasp at first. You mean to tell me that the weirdos of the world, the annoying people, and the heartless people of the world are just as important to God as I am? Well yes, and maybe even more important. The fact is that we are called to love as Jesus loves. So how, exactly, does He love?

1) He accepts people. "The Father gives me my people. Every one of them will come to me, and I will accept them." John 6:37

2) He Values people. "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advanced for us to do." Eph. 2:10

3)He forgives people. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

4) He believes in people. "The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because i am going to be with the Father." John 14:17

I'm beginning to learn that the Lord just needs someone who is willing, not someone who is perfect. In everyday relationships, if I can love others like Jesus loves me, then His love shines through me. If I can value the cleaning lady. If I can believe in the new person who looks overwhelmed. If I can accept the weird one. If I can forgive those who do something against me. If I do this, each day Jesus' love is made visible.

Lord, help me to open my eyes for opportunities to show your love! As Brandon Heath sings, give me your eyes!
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond me reach
Give me your eyes for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

3 comments:

  1. It is a bit coincidental that the actual name of your blog now fits 2 wonderful purposes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updated blog! Care to share how you did it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutestblogontheblog.com "secrets section"

    ReplyDelete