3/5/11

[Pey-shuh ns] Is A Virtue

Faith is now two years, two months old, and she is doing and saying some remarkable things! But there are trials that we as parents would rather do without. Watching Faith grow up has made it painstakingly clear to me that while a child is a beautiful, wonderful being...a child has the innate sin in him/her that dates back to the fall of Man. The root of it seems to be selfishness. Anything she sees and likes becomes "Mine!" Last week she was put in timeout in school because she had claimed all the toys in the classroom and was guarding them from the other kids.
But watching Faith, I also can see my own selfish desires. I'm often so full of myself that I can't see beyond my own wants, needs, and dreams. This is why we all need a Savior. To save us from ourselves. I'll keep working on Faith, Lord keep working on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment